Join Our Team
Innovative Housing Development Corporation is currently seeking to fill the positions listed below. We embrace an employment environment that promotes recovery and discovery, a person-centered approach to treatment/services, and cultural competence. An employee in any position is expected to support the employment environment.
Direct Care (Essential) Worker
Port Huron, MI
Salary: $16.10/hour (Salary includes a temporary $4.35 an hour essential worker discretionary wage for all hours worked.)
JOB DESCRIPTION PROGRAM TECHNICIAN QUALIFICATIONS
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required with some college or Associates Degree in mental health related field preferred.
- Must be flexible and possess a variety of skills.
- Physical health compatible with demands of the job and completion of a medical exam within two weeks preceding employment, including TB test and drug screening.
- Three character references.
- Preferred qualifications for position: Lived experience with behavioral health issues.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other residential home staff.
- The ability to work and communicate with mentally handicapped individuals.
- The ability to understand and carry out the treatment plan within the context of a home program.
- The ability to work as part of a treatment team and accept supervision.
- The ability to develop a working knowledge of the policies of the home.
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
RESPONSIBILITIES WITHIN THE RESIDENCE
- Assists in planning and implementing individual treatment plans through in-home programs.
- Observing and documenting residents behavior and physical changes and maintaining daily logs, charts, etc.
- Carry out recreational and rehabilitative activities with clients.
- Assisting the home supervisor in running the house on a day-to- day basis.
- Assist in planning and preparing meals.
- Assist in maintaining home in a clean, orderly fashion.
- Transport clients for support services and recreational activities.
- Act as advocate for the client to ensure protection of the client's rights.
- Participate in staff and clinical meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in all in-services.
- Administer and record prescribed medications for residents.
- Reports to the Group Home Supervisor.
- Innovative Housing embraces an employment environment that promotes recovery and discovery, a person-centered approach to treatment/services, and cultural competence.
- An employee in this or any position is expected to support the employment environment.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A part-time employee is one who is employed on regular basis and works less than 30 hours a week.
- On-call employee is one who is used in emergencies, etc.
- Employee must meet minimal qualifications before hired.
- Employee will be evaluated after 4 months, 8 months,1 year, and yearly thereafter.
- All terms and conditions of employment will be read by the employee and employee will sign a statement saying they have read and understood these conditions.
Innovative Housing is an equal opportunity employer.
We take pride in maintaining a highly qualified and experienced level of staff. All staff undergo a background check which includes FBI fingerprinting and driving records. All staff are trained under the guidelines of Community Mental Health. Staff are trained in CPR/First aide, recipient rights, transportation and person-centered planning. Additional training is provided to employees to assist in providing the best possible care for the individuals we provide services to.
You are able to easily apply online, or you may also download and print an employment application:
Completed, legible applications may be...
Innovative Housing Development Corporation
3051 Commerce Drive, Suite 5
Fort Gratiot, MI 48059