Join Our Team
Innovative Housing Development Corporation is currently seeking to fill the positions listed below. We embrace an employment environment that promotes recovery and discovery, a person-centered approach to treatment / services, and cultural competence. An employee in any position is expected to support the employment environment.
Direct Care Worker - Part Time
Port Huron, MI
JOB DESCRIPTION PROGRAM TECHNICIAN QUALIFICATIONS
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required with some college or Associates Degree in mental health related field preferred.
- Must be flexible and possess a variety of skills.
- Physical health compatible with demands of the job and completion of a medical exam within two weeks preceding employment, including TB test and drug screening.
- Three character references.
- Preferred qualifications for position: Lived experience with behavioral health issues.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other residential home staff.
- The ability to work and communicate with mentally handicapped individuals.
- The ability to understand and carry out the treatment plan within the context of a home program.
- The ability to work as part of a treatment team and accept supervision.
- The ability to develop a working knowledge of the policies of the home.
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
RESPONSIBILITIES WITHIN THE RESIDENCE
- Assists in planning and implementing individual treatment plans through in-home programs.
- Observing and documenting residents behavior and physical changes and maintaining daily logs, charts, etc.
- Carry out recreational and rehabilitative activities with clients.
- Assisting the home supervisor in running the house on a day-to- day basis.
- Assist in planning and preparing meals.
- Assist in maintaining home in a clean, orderly fashion.
- Transport clients for support services and recreational activities.
- Act as advocate for the client to ensure protection of the client's rights.
- Participate in staff and clinical meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in all in-services.
- Administer and record prescribed medications for residents.
- Reports to the Group Home Supervisor.
- Innovative Housing embraces an employment environment that promotes recovery and discovery, a person-centered approach to treatment/services, and cultural competence.
- An employee in this or any position is expected to support the employment environment.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A part-time employee is one who is employed on regular basis and works less than 30 hours a week.
- On-call employee is one who is used in emergencies, etc.
- Employee must meet minimal qualifications before hired.
- Employee will be evaluated after 4 months, 8 months, 1 year, and yearly thereafter.
- All terms and conditions of employment will be read by the employee and employee will sign a statement saying they have read and understood these conditions.
Innovative Housing is an equal opportunity employer.
We take pride in maintaining a highly-qualified and experienced level of staff. All staff undergo a background check which includes FBI fingerprinting and driving records. All staff are trained under the guidelines of Community Mental Health. Staff are trained in CPR/First aide, recipient rights, transportation and person-centered planning. Additional training is provided to employees to assist in providing the best possible care for the individuals we provide services to.
Interested applicants can submit a resume online: